About Compostable Products
These bright green eco-warriors are made from the earth and return to the earth!
What does this actually mean?
Our bags are organic. Simple as that! A bit less simple would be to say they are made with 100% GMO free, renewable plant material. This means our range is certified compostable. You don’t have to worry about harming the environment or getting your hands dirty, our green bags are extra thick and tough so no poop will get through when you pick up #2.
The best part about our green bags is they fully disintegrate into natural elements in just three months. Basically, our bags don’t take decades to break down like traditional plastic bags do! Even better, once broken down they give back to the earth, feeding it valuable nutrients.
My Eco Pet bags still make a great deal of difference even if they end up in landfill instead of the compost. How? Well, did you know that 67% of U.S. households own a pet*? Now think about how many poop bags that means. Hint, it’s a lot! Our bags reduce the amount of single use traditional plastics that end up in a landfill. Not only that, but our bags leave no toxic or microplastic residue behind, breaking down to make nutrient rich soil that worms love to eat.
So, if you are ready to make pet waste collection a little less gross and a lot more eco-friendly, MyEcoPet Compostable bags are here for you!
* Insurance Information Institute
Main ingredients :
- Thermoplastic starch made from GMO free Corn
- Natural Plasticizers
- Other Compostable Bioplastics
MyEcoPet compostable products are certiﬁed to stringent U.S. & International Standards.
Let’s break it down a little more
MyEcoPet Compostable has passed all phases of testing to classify as Compostable as per ASTM D6400 (USA), EN13432 (Europe) and AS4736 (Australia) for both commercial and home composting. These tests include:
- Chemical Characterisation: A material footprint and analysis of heavy metals to meet strict limits
- Quantitative Disintegration Test according to International Standards ISO 16929: Proof that 90% of plastic breaks down into fragments less than 2x2 mm in size in 3 months in commercial composts and 6 months in home composts
- Aerobic Biodegradability Test according to International Standards ISO 14855: Proof that at least 90 % of the organic material is mineralize to CO², water and biomass within 6 months in commercial composts and 12 months in home composts
- Plant Ecotoxicity Test as per OECD208A: Examination of the effect of resultant compost on plant growth which requires a minimum 80% seedling emergence
- Additional Ecotoxicity Test as per OECD 207 (Australia only): Examination of the effect of resultant compost using earthworms